Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Reading List Fall 2012

Ahhh... I've got some humorous blog posting coming your way soon, but until then, I'm going to post my reading list for this fall. I'm going to have to become friends with the persons at my library that order books, to be sure, to be sure.

*drum roll*

 ZE REEDING LISTZ (Darn, Aubrey. Thanks a lot. ;-D)

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
The Book Theif by Markus Zuzak
Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language by Richard Lederer
These Happy Golden Years by Laura Wilder
Folks, This Ain't Normal by Joel Salatin
John Adams by David McCullough (started this last year and didn't finish)
Sleeping Freshman Never Lie by David Lubar (re-read; yessssss it was that good)
Firmament: Radialloy by Grace Pennington (missed the sale on July 4th... have to beg the library!)
Peter's Angel by Aubrey Hansen
National Velvet by Enid Bagnold
God and Kings: Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin (got this for free on Amazon)

Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language Folks, This Ain't Normal: A Farmer's Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World

"EN AVANT THE CARTS!"

 I also want to read some of the other self-published books that were suggested for the VLAs, like Pirate Daughter's Promise, Charity's Diary, and the Destiny Trilogy, but I'll probably read those after I get some of the classics and non-fiction crossed off my list, :-D


( As a side note: prayers that I can afford a laptop to replace my old one would be appreciated, so I can get going on my senior year of homeschool. )

6 comments:

  1. You're welcome, darling. ;)

    I am pleased to discover that we share some items on our reading lists. Hezekiah is my favorite king of Judah, so I'm interested in "Gods and Kings" (I got it free, also). I've heard a lot about "The Book Thief," so I've been meaning to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P I'll have you know that it has severely changed my morning waking-up thoughts, which are rather odd to begin with, but now they are all in lolcat. It takes me at least a week to get out of that language every time some one brings it up. Hehe.

      Yeah, it looks really interesting! I haven't read the whole Old Testament (yet) but now I'm going to go check it out. I guess Biblical retellings really do help bring interest back to God's word!
      The Book Thief is everwhereeee... hopefully its good.

      You're nutty. <3

      Delete
  2. Good list! One of my favorite books ever is "These Happy Golden Years"
    *Love it* Have fun reading! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've read the first three books (I think) and I wanted to read Golden Years.... but for one odd reason or the other I never did.

      :-D

      Delete
  3. oooh! good list! National Velvet? I didn't know that was a book! lol. *blush* have you seen the old movie with Elizabeth Taylor and Mickey Rooney?
    I tagged you in my post today! <3 here's the link!

    http://rinskiijoy.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-first-blog-awards.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tis a book! I love love love love the old movie with Elizabeth and Mickey! I even own the DVD and I'd watch it right now if my dad wasn't on his computer watching Netflix in the same room. ROFL. The book seemed boring to me all these years, but I just went and looked up the first chapter and laughed REALLY hard.

      A tag? For me? Thank you! *goody*

      Hugs!

      Delete

Yakkity smack.