Friday, August 17, 2012

What exactly is that?

 Officially, I start homeschool next week. I've been lining up classes and eyeing (I just checked this word in the dictionary, Blogger spell check... that is how it is spelled grrrr) the free courses given by universities.

 But it's not as boring as it sounds. Because I... found a course... in pirate.

If your library is awesome enough to give you a free account on Mango Languages, you can learn Hawaiian, Icelandic, Biblical Hebrew, and the ever popular Pirate.

 I've never been much of a pirate gal, but if I complete French and Dutch this year, or I get bored, I'll definitely check it out.

 Because I have no clue what 'Pirate' means.


 And something else pretty interesting: Khan Academy now has game programming courses. I have no intentions of becoming a Javascript champion, but it looks like something fun to fool around with.


I'm off to see if anyone is up for an early morning word war. G'day!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I once took a Spanish class that involved using Mango. My brother thought it was awful, but I didn't mind it. I think you should definitely learn Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've never heard of that before! :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Yakkity smack.