Sunday, June 3, 2012

Camp Verve

 I have this thing with NaNoWriMo. Under the right circumstances, I love the challenge. I even fight until the last week, even though I haven't won the adult's challenge yet. But this month, for the first session of camp, I have decided that I'm just too dang busy to write 50k. The goal requirement for the 3rd day is 5,000 words, and I'm only at 2,300. So Instead of getting frustrated with these scenes that I will never put in a published novel, I'm going to call Camp NaNoWriMo quits. But in turn, I am starting Camp Verve.

 Instead of 50,000 words, I am challenging myself to 5 complete, sound, and awesome chapters. Chapters are weird for me. Ever since I started NaNo I've been more used to doing scene segments. I've only one chapter that I can think of that I've written in the last two years that actually seems complete (and it's a snazzy 3,000 words, thank you). This 5 chapter challenge will be good for me, because my writing will be more productive.


 Official Writing Rules:

  • Write 5 chapters that are well-rounded. Long scenes do not count unless they make a full point.
  • Each chapter should be at least <1k. No wimpy stuff that lasts 400 words, unless it's a cool prologue.
  • 2 of the 5 chapters must be from the same story.
Now this sounds like fun! If anyone has NaNoWriMo woes, you are welcome to join me.

MAY THE HORSE BE WITH YOU.

Y'know, it's just fun. Don't knock it. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yakkity smack.