Saturday, June 23, 2012

Is it all just words?

 She walked across the never ending pathway near the beach today. She stopped when she saw an albatross. Sat in the salt breeze. Then, it was not just words. Home had almost come back to her heart.
 (Excerpt Copyright 2012 Jessica Verve)
Today, without an endless stack of library books waiting to be read, I started writing again. Third person seems to be the forgotten point of view lately. I'm kind of sick of writing in so many people's minds, you know what I mean? I'm going to test out 3rd POV in some of my stories and see what happens. Without even thinking about it, it seemed to work for the story above.

 And in important news, I won an e-book giveaway! :-P I guessed how long Aubrey Hansen's new historical fiction Peter's Angel would be when she finished Draft 2 (124k, just 190 words short of her final total !!! ) and won a free copy of Jordan Smith's new book, "Finding the Core In Your Story"! It looks really interesting. Especially since I'm a huge fan of Month Of the Novel....




...I'm really excited to read it. Be looking for my thoughts on the book.


 Also, I've finished about two chapters for Camp Verve. I guess I better hurry up, huh?


Well, I hear rumors that I'm about to participate in the new family tradition of giving the dog a flea bath. That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yakkity smack.